Saturday, May 18, 2019

Children and babies instead of makeup and earrings

Woooo it has been more than 11 years since I last blogged.
back then I was still a young university girl learning about chemistry and, well, life and stuff.
a lot has changed since then, here I am, updating the internet and keeping a record in case I got old and forgot all about my personal history.
Chemistry was fun and stuff, but not something I would want to do for a career I guess.

This old blog was all about school and school work, nothing personal, and a little boring.
and frankly, I do not like to write.
Writing takes up energy and time.....
Plus facebook probably killed most of the bloggers out there.
much easier to write about your life with photos in Facebook than a chunky website right?

Life since NUS

anyway since 2008, I graduated from NUS, took a good job, learned and improved in the job.
It was non-related to what I had studied for, but a good job, excellent learning experience, and a decent pay grade.
A civil sector job in HDB, it allows me to interact with the public and learn on how to manage projects, how to manage people and staff.
I learned quite a fair bit, had a good boss and some great colleagues.

Quit the job, on a new job. slightly lower pay, but a better working environment. I make up the difference by working hard and smart and getting promoted as fast as I could.

Oh, yeah got attached, got married, had a baby =)


I am old now =P

Children topic like toddler development interest me now


Instead of shopping for earrings and makeup brushes, I am more interested in reading a blogpost on how magnetic blocks help in child's development. Interesting isn't it :)

awww the burdens of being a working mother.
now I am quite experience in milk bottles, diapers, nursing methods, babies behavior, toddlers play time. Oh my god. so much more to learn as my child grows up.

now that I am happily married, with a great hubby and a great son. what's next?
Oooooo another kid. because I think 2 is perfect. :D
probably in 9 more months, I think?

what's there now to do in life? probably planning for retirement, prepare enough to save for me after paying for all the expensive stuff related to childbirth and child-rearing.
it is almost halfway to my adult livelihood =)

should I upgrade and get another job?
should I start a sideline?
should I start documenting my life?

or maybe I should do some simple projects to improve my passive income and retirement portfolio. My hubby loves growing passive income, be it an extra $1 per month, he would be keen to build on, his pipeline of income.

Life growing up with baby and family


We will see.
one thing is for certain, I should really do more exercising.
More yoga for sure has been doing a lot less yoga since I give birth.
Mostly because of lack of time, but yeah.... will do more exercise.

Probably the best return on investment is exercise at this age.
Because let's be clear.... time is not on our side :)

Life is good! I am curious about what life would be in 2029.
Maybe I won't recognize myself then.

19 May 2019





No comments: