Saturday, October 18, 2008

My biodata

My name is Teo Su Ching Angeline. I am currently pursuing my undergraduate studies in NUS, majoring in Chemistry. The current Final Year Project that I am working on has allowed me to find my passion in Chemistry and synthesis work. Though challenging, synthesizing of new compounds is interesting and there are so much more to explore. I am considering furthering my studies in this area if possible. During my vacation in Year 2, I had internship in a chemical industrial company and it definitely added on to my exposure in this field, as well as development of great relationships with my ex-colleagues. I enjoy challenges in work and see them as a chance for me to achieve success.

My other greatest passion is to travel around the world, not that I have gone to many places, but it can definitely be achieved in the time to come. As a student, being able to travel out of Singapore in every vacation is what motivates me to work hard to earn myself a good break. In every trip, I get to learn new cultures and new activities that I can never experience in Singapore, such as skiing, diving and river rafting. It is an enjoyment to immerse oneself in the different environment and gain new experience by constantly learning new things. From these trips, I have also learnt to be more independent and achieved better communication skills.

Since my high school days, I have been given opportunities to display my leadership qualities, such as holding the position of Vice President for the First Aid Club in Hwa Chong Institution and being an officer in St John Ambulance Brigade. They were great experiences and I have acquired the skills to be a team leader, as well as a team player.

11 comments:

weiren said...

Hi Angeline!

This is certainly a very detailed biodata.

However, I personally have a little trouble with this statement,

"My other greatest passion is to travel around the world, not that I have gone to many places, but it can definitely be achieved in the time to come."

I don't know if it is a good idea to state your shortcoming, in any way. But it does add a touch of realism into your biodata. Human aren't flawless nor do get everything they want anyway.

Apart from that, I certainly enjoy learning a little more about you.

Cheers!

joyce said...

Dear Angeline,

I hope to travel around the world too! But sadly, I have not even stepped out of this tiny island yet. I believe it is great to travel and experience different things, learn about new cultures and just take the chance to see the world.

On the whole, I think you have written an interesting and detailed biodata of yourself.

Yu Ming said...

Dear Joyce,

You have achieved quite a feat there. Not many people in Singapore could claim the bragging rights of managing to stay within the space of the tiny red dot. Hats off to you:)

Dear Angeline,

I found it easier to right a biodata when I have a specific job application in mind. After all, the purpose of the biodata is to provide extra information about oneself on top of our resume. Hence, just like in the CV, we are selling ourselves so it would be better to include only the relevant information and definitely focus on the positive.

Anonymous said...

Hey Angeline!

It's definitely impressive to see such passion and commitment that you guys have for your majors! I hope I can learn to love what I'm studying now as much as you! haha.

And I can see you really love traveling. haha. I am not surprised, because traveling opens up our eyes to so many different and new things. Aren't you impressed to hear Brad's rich experiences traveling around the world?

And Yu Ming is right, writing the right biodata to showcase ourselves in the best possible light depends on what and who we are writing it for. 100 words to describe yourself, it's abit tough isn't it?

Anyway, that's an interesting read about you! =)

Angeline said...

Dear Weiren,

Thanks for your comment! Actually I also thought that would sound weird for a biodata that is supposed to promote myself hahaa.. Maybe there are some stuffs that I should just keep to myself by re-structuring my sentence :p

Angeline said...

Dear Joyce,

You will get your chance SOON!! :) Think of May next year! Hahaa.. :)

Angeline said...

Dear Yu ming,

Thanks for your comment! Will edit it to make it more concise! :)

Angeline said...

Dear Xinyi,

I'm actually super envious of Brad, to be able to leave his studies for a break that he wants! I doubt I can do so. After graduation, I'll probably just have to find a job and slog for the rest of my life. How sad that is :(

Anyway, thanks for commenting! :)

Tiffany said...

Dear Angeline,

Like you, I'm super duper envious of brad too. What Brad said during class was very true. Since we have to slog our guts out for the rest of our lives (in order to earn money), why not take the chance while you are young to travel the world and experience adventures that you might not be able to experience when you get old!

But there's always 2 sides to a coin and not many people, especially traditional chinese parents, would allow their children to do such a thing before having found a stable job and income. So I guess, Brad is a fortunate man!

Sometimes, we have to take risks in order to live our dreams. Cheers.

Brad Blackstone said...

Thanks, Angeline. It's nice to get to know a bit more about you. I'm glad you've had a chance to do some traveling during your university days. Hey, you might be able to find a job that allows you to travel in the future. So don't take my word as the word of God. In any case, where there is a will, there IS a way. You're young, energetic, creative and highly educated. Your talents and circumstances will see you through!

All the best!

Brad Blackstone said...

p.s. Keep the sparkle...it suits you well!